Meet Search Box

Sometimes works overlap and you might not find them through the tags such as Anime & Manga, College, etc. So use the search box (above or to the right) for another way to find essays or videos or anything you are looking for!

More anime/manga posts and jokes here!

Or reach me on YouTube!

*YES! We reached 3 million views! May we make it to 4 million? :D

Monday, May 12, 2014

Villanelle (What We See)

The thing about villanelles is that they are relatively fun to write. The term "villanelle" comes from the Italian villano ("peasant") and is made up of 19 lines, 5 stanzas of three lines and 1 stanza of four lines with two rhymes and two refrains.

So, to give it a shot, I wrote one. Check it out!

What We See

I wish I have not seen you standing there.
Clearly hating me for what I have done,
Though you stand aloof and without a care.

I wish I could escape your mocking stare.
Knowing I am afraid to hide or run,
You leave me feeling vulnerable and bare.

Blaming me for leaving! Oh, how you dare
Tell everyone something you spun,
Out of thin air and without me there.

Your selfless mind, oh it’s gone! A nightmare
You know I know that had only begun,
That stare! That mocking glare! Is forever there.

Understand when I try and wish not to care.
Pitiless monster! Look what you have done
Both to me and to yourself, how you dare!

I strike at you, aloof and without a care.
Watching the mirror crash to shreds, I’m not done!
I see you laughing, you can’t destroy me, I swear!
In pieces, still mocking me with your icy stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment