Meet Search Box

Sometimes works overlap and you might not find them through the tags such as Anime & Manga, College, etc. So use the search box (above or to the right) for another way to find essays or videos or anything you are looking for!

More anime/manga posts and jokes here!

Or reach me on YouTube!

*YES! We reached 3 million views! May we make it to 4 million? :D

Monday, May 12, 2014

Trust (Free Verse Poem)

And of course, I gave another shot at my poetry ambitions with another poem titles "Trust":

Trust
Said the mother who
Kicked me out of her house
When I was ten
Is what I need. But how

Could I trust
The woman who told me
To leap but didn’t
Catch me
Like she said she would? How

Could I trust
The woman who never
Remembers my birthdays and
Who still forgets
Even after I remind her? How

Could I trust
The mother who had thrown
My favorite toy truck
In the dumpster and
Told me she had to ship it to
England for a little styling? Who

Told me the day after
I found my toy truck and
Confronted her that
It had ran away on its own? Who

Told me Santa Claus
Didn’t bring me gifts
On Christmas because
I was a bad girl and
Not because she had spent
My Christmas money on French nails? Who

Had accidentally
Left me in California
A good 10,000 miles away from home
And pretended to not recognize
Me when someone brought me back? Who

Told me she didn’t have
Her reading glasses on and
That’s why she couldn’t recognize me
After DNA tests proved otherwise? Who

Have tried
Countless times
To sell me on the black market
So she could buy a new car? Who

After kicking me out of her house
On my tenth birthday
Told me I shouldn’t be too dependent on her?

Because I’m your mother
She had said
Standing in front of my apartment
In rags and dust looking
For a place to live.

Because I’m your mother
She had said
Twenty years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment