Meet Search Box

Sometimes works overlap and you might not find them through the tags such as Anime & Manga, College, etc. So use the search box (above or to the right) for another way to find essays or videos or anything you are looking for!

More anime/manga posts and jokes here!

Or reach me on YouTube!

*YES! We reached 3 million views! May we make it to 4 million? :D

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

NYU 2014 Supplementary Essay Example


I applied to a total of 5 colleges and was accepted by 4; one of those 4 colleges was NYU.

As I said in my video on how to get into NYU, I would start to include parts of my essays for my college application process in my posts to help anyone who is also in this porcess as well.

Below I pasted my ending of the NYU 2014 supplementary essay. As I said, my essay is focused on writing, as that is one thing I'm planning to pursue in the future.

Feel free to take a look!

"My education, understanding, and experience have altered my attitude about my life and the future. NYU calls out to both my natural affinity for writing and my desire for more than just a conventional path in English literature. It opens endless doors and advantages: a flexible, exhaustive English program; copious opportunities for expository and creative writing; idyllic seminars like poetry and perfect worlds. It offers infinite authors to devour, from Jane Austen to Lord Byron to Sir Walter Scott, and it ultimately prepares me for a tangible career in writing.

By being surrounded by diverse students and professors who share the same enthusiasm as me, I can further penetrate my insatiable curiosity for literary research, life-long learning, and multidimensional exploration and discovery. A Chinese proverb reads,“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” I hope to take my first at NYU."

No comments:

Post a Comment